Spring weather makes me happy, Those first rays of sunlight, trees that are slowly coming back to green, flowers that spring out of the cold earth and a temperature that is slowly rising. It’s early this year though but that doesn’t stop me from making delicious and simple recipes like this one. You can use whatever citrusfruit you have or want and feel free to add more fruit to it as well.
Citrus salad with pistache
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 people
- Category: Salads
- 1 orange or blood orange
- 1 lime
- 1 grapefruit
- pomegranate or red currants (of course you can substitute for strawberries or raspberries)
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 50 gr pistachio, chopped
- fresh basil leaves for serving
- Peel the orange, lime and the grapefruit so that you cut away all the white skins. They are bitter and not what you want. Cut into slices and nicely arrange on a pretty plate.
- Sprinkle with the pistachio, berries or other red fruit.
- Drizzle the honey over the top and serve with the basil leaves on top